The Packers haven't won a game since Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone.
At the same time, the organization doesn't want to rush Rodgers back onto the field prematurely. However, Rodgers, who was able to participate in individual drills during Wednesday's practice, isn't sure he'll be able to give it a go for Sunday just yet.
Rodgers told reporters that a decision will be made prior to Sunday's kickoff. Whether it's Friday or Saturday, Rodgers will know in advance if he can play or not.
Part of the reason is that if he can't play, backup Matt Flynn will have at least a full day's notice knowing he'll be starting for the team.
“It wouldn’t be fair to Matt Flynn to make a decision on his status on the day of the game,” Rodgers told local reporters. “I don’t think that’s fair to Matt if we do that. I think by Friday or Saturday at the latest there will be a decision.”
Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider
Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.