The NFL's memo last week about guidelines and stipulations for any team relocating to Los Angeles doesn't put the San Diego Chargers any closer to doing so, says the team's special counsel.
Mark Fabiani, who has been advising the Chargers for a decade on stadium issues, told NBC Channel 7 in San Diego that the memo doesn't "move the sticks" toward the team heading to Los Angeles.
“We saw it simply as a re-affirmation of things that the commissioner and the league were saying for a long time,”Fabiani said.
The Chargers are the only team in the league whose current lease situation could allow them to play in Los Angeles as early as 2013. Other teams, such as the Jaguars, Rams, Bills and Raiders, have been mentioned as possibilities, but have lease tie-ups and stipulations attached to them currently.
There is also the matter that there all plans for an LA stadium currently remain in infant stages. Teams currently looking to move might not want to be housed in the LA Coliseum or the Rose Bowl temporarily until a stadium plan can be finalized and acted upon.
Follow me on Twitter @TerryMc13
Terry McCormick covers the Titans for TitanInsider.com
MAY 24 Joel Corry
Keep an eye on what happens in Miami between the Dolphins and first round pick Dion Jordan.
MAY 13 Jeff Fedotin
Former discus star launches football career with 49ers.