After Jonathan Martin missed an organized team activity workout this past spring, Dolphins coaches told Richie Incognito to "toughen up" Martin, which possibly led to that now-infamous phone call littered with expletives and a racial epithet.
According to the Sun Sentinel, Incognito was directed to call Martin at the coaches' request. What appears to have happened, if true, is Incognito taking that request too far.
Martin volunatirly left the Dolphins' organization after an incident during the middle of last week that infuriated him, and caused to him to walk out and take a leave of absence.
Incognito has been suspended indefinitely by the Dolphins organization. The lineman recently told a television station that he trying to "weather the storm."
Martin is still on Miami's 53-man roster, with the organization publicly stating they would welcome him back.
Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider
Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.
JAN 20 Tony Villiotti
Following Monday's announcement of those declaring for the Draft, a look at the numbers.
JAN 19 Jeff Fedotin
Chiefs' special teams coordinator has unique football mind.
JAN 16 Tony Villiotti
Are certain positions more reliant on early round picks?