ICONSize will hurt Persa some.
Notes from the weigh-in…
• Despite measuring in at 354 pounds, Miami (OH) OL Brandon Brooks carried the weight well. He’s a strong kid with decent length and didn’t look sloppy through his mid-section. His lower half possessed good girth and he certainly looked the part of an inside lineman.
• I was a bit surprised how tiny Arkansas WR Jarius Wright was, weighing in at 5096, 176 pounds. He looked more like a track guy and didn’t have much girth through his lower half.
• Northwestern QB Dan Persa wasn’t able to reach the six-foot mark, and despite possessing a strong looking frame height is still a major concern.
• On the other hand, QB B.J. Coleman of UT Chattanooga was a well-put-together kid at 234 pounds and was the one quarterback down here who definitely looked the part.
• Rutgers OL Desmond Wynn took the cake for best-looking lineman at the Shrine game. He displayed little body fat on his broad frame, good length and has the ability to add more girth without losing much athleticism.
• Georgia FB/TE tweener Bruce Figgins was among the most impressive athletes down here. He displays a rocked up 272-pound frame with little body fat and a strong looking lower half.
Follow me on twitter: @WesBunting
Check out the NFP Draft page here...
JAN 20 Tony Villiotti
Following Monday's announcement of those declaring for the Draft, a look at the numbers.
JAN 19 Jeff Fedotin
Chiefs' special teams coordinator has unique football mind.
JAN 16 Tony Villiotti
Are certain positions more reliant on early round picks?
JAN 11 Erik Oehler
Buffalo faithful, rejoice! Win or lose, we're about to have some fun.