ICONSize will hurt Persa some.
Notes from the weigh-in…
• Despite measuring in at 354 pounds, Miami (OH) OL Brandon Brooks carried the weight well. He’s a strong kid with decent length and didn’t look sloppy through his mid-section. His lower half possessed good girth and he certainly looked the part of an inside lineman.
• I was a bit surprised how tiny Arkansas WR Jarius Wright was, weighing in at 5096, 176 pounds. He looked more like a track guy and didn’t have much girth through his lower half.
• Northwestern QB Dan Persa wasn’t able to reach the six-foot mark, and despite possessing a strong looking frame height is still a major concern.
• On the other hand, QB B.J. Coleman of UT Chattanooga was a well-put-together kid at 234 pounds and was the one quarterback down here who definitely looked the part.
• Rutgers OL Desmond Wynn took the cake for best-looking lineman at the Shrine game. He displayed little body fat on his broad frame, good length and has the ability to add more girth without losing much athleticism.
• Georgia FB/TE tweener Bruce Figgins was among the most impressive athletes down here. He displays a rocked up 272-pound frame with little body fat and a strong looking lower half.
Follow me on twitter: @WesBunting
Check out the NFP Draft page here...
SEP 12 Football Rumor Mill
Here's what you need to know after 2 weeks of college football.
SEP 11 Jesse Lawrence
Jesse Lawrence takes a look at some affordable NFL action this weekend.
SEP 07 Joel Corry
Can the Seahawks repeat? Are the Chiefs and Panthers ripe for a fall? The NFP takes a look at those questions and more.
SEP 03 Joel Corry
The Houston pass rusher is now the highest paid non-quarterback in the NFL.