• At 6-4 and 324 pounds, DT Chigbo Anunoby (Morehouse St.) had a massive frame and really carried his weight well. He didn’t seem soft or flabby through the mid-section and his lower half was wide, well-built and really powerful looking. Had an NFL-type frame.
ICONHamilton was one of the "weigh-in winners."
• Bethune Cookman DE Ryan Davis was an impressive 6-2, 256-pound athlete. He’s a long-armed kid with 33 ½ inch arms, had a thick bubble and overall possesses an NFL-caliber make-up.
• Delano Johnson, an OLB from Bowie State, was the one prospect who I did absolutely no research on coming into the game, but boy will I be watching him this week. He was nealy 6-4 with a rocked up 267-pound frame and really “wowed” during the weigh-in. He looks capable of playing either with his hand on the ground or standing up based off his physical make-up.
• Adrian Hamilton of Prairie View came in a bit smaller than his listed height/weight numbers. However, even at 6-2, 246 pounds he was still very impressive physically with a chiseled physique, thick bubble and not much body fat on his frame.
• Southern wideout LaQuinton Evans possessed a solid, strong-looking frame. However, his 34.5-inch arms really stood out and it will be interesting to see how well he uses his size and length to pluck the football this week.
• It’s not that Morehouse State wideout Derrick Hector didn’t look like an NFL wideout. However, it was disappointing to hear he measured in at only 6-3, considering he was listed on the school's roster at 6-6.
• Also, coming in under his listed 6-6 height was Shaw defensive lineman Charles Deas, who measured in at only 6-3. However, like Hector, he still carried his weight pretty well and his 34 ¼ inch arms are very intriguing as a potential NFL lineman in both a 34 and 43 front.
Follow me on twitter: @WesBunting
Check out the NFP Draft Page here...
OCT 20 National Football Post
Our Introduction to Scouting students break down the Wisconsin Running Back
OCT 18 Joel Corry
Seattle shipped the wide receiver to the Jets in a surprising move on Friday.
OCT 14 Jesse Lawrence
Jesse Lawrence of TiqIQ looks at the week's hot tickets
OCT 14 Jeff Fedotin
Running back opts for Dolphins practice squad over 49ers active roster.