ICONCameron's athletic ability has made him an intriguing option.
• USC TE Jordan Cameron has been a busy man as of late and I’m hearing he’s getting a lot of interest from the Raiders, Buccaneers, Dolphins and Saints, and could go as early as the 3rd round.
• From a number of sources I have spoke with the Vikings seem to have a significant interest in a defensive end in the first round. The three names that keep coming up are Ryan Kerrigan, Da’Quan Bowers and Robert Quinn.
• UCLA OLB Akeem Ayers is said to be taking quite a few visits for a guy who is considered an established prospect without any injury concerns. One scout told me it’s likely because more NFL executives want to get a better feel for his overall personality and figure out if he’s a guy they want in their locker room.
• Hearing the Dallas Cowboys are in the market for a potential slot receiver and one wideout who has really interested them is small-school standout Cecil Shorts III.
• TCU OL Marcus Cannon has in fact been taking a number of visits throughout the postseason and I’m hearing he’s drawing a lot of interest from a number of teams in the NFC North.
• A lot of teams have been turned off by the overall passive nature and mental make-up of Villanova OT Benjamin Ijalana. One scout told me “he’s an interesting character” and wouldn’t be shocked if he fell because of it.
• Florida OL Mike Pouncey might not be as clean as prospect as some think. Talking with a couple scouts, they said there are some concerns about his knees after his Combine medical report came back.
• Starting to hear from more and more scouts that Colorado CB Jimmy Smith isn’t going to fall as much as many are making him out to and that he’s still a legit mid/late first-round pick. However, one scout did compare him to former USC 1st round pick R. Jay Soward so the opinions are aplenty.
• Auburn running back Mario Fannin is generating a lot of interest as a potential later round, third-down type back. Teams love his ability to help out in blitz pick-up and catch the football out of the backfield. Hearing he’s getting long looks from the Patriots, Redskins, Steelers, Dolphins and Bengals.
OCT 20 National Football Post
Our Introduction to Scouting students break down the Wisconsin Running Back
OCT 18 Joel Corry
Seattle shipped the wide receiver to the Jets in a surprising move on Friday.
OCT 14 Jesse Lawrence
Jesse Lawrence of TiqIQ looks at the week's hot tickets
OCT 14 Jeff Fedotin
Running back opts for Dolphins practice squad over 49ers active roster.