Every week, the National Football Post brings you our weekly NFL Power Rankings: a breakdown of how we stack up the league.
Week 16 (previous rankings in parenthesis)
1. (1) Green Bay Packers (13-1): We need to keep an eye on the O-Line injuries, but one loss (on the road) isn’t going to change our opinion on the Packers.
2. (3) New Orleans Saints (11-3): Drew Brees’ put up MVP numbers vs. the Vikings and the Saints have ripped off six wins in a row.
3. (5) New England Patriots (11-3): Tom Brady took over the game in the second half in Denver and put to bed any talk of a Tim Tebow comeback.
ICONAldon Smith and the 49ers' defense shut down the Steelers in the Monday night win.
4. (6) San Francisco 49ers (11-3): The 49ers looked playoff ready last night on the defensive side of the ball.
5. (2) Pittsburgh Steelers (10-4): Give Roethlisberger credit for playing hurt, but he looked like an old man on that field last night.
6. (4) Baltimore Ravens (10-4): The Ravens are now 3-4 on the road this season.
7. (10) Detroit Lions (9-5): Down six with 98-yards to go? Not a problem when you have Calvin Johnson.
8. (12) Atlanta Falcons (9-5): The Falcons looked like a playoff team in their 41-14 win over the Jags on Thursday night.
9. (13) San Diego Chargers (7-7): The Chargers are playing their best football of the season—but will they get in the dance?
10. (19) Philadelphia Eagles (6-8): Philly in the Top 10? Ask the Jets.
11. (7) Houston Texans (10-4): The Texans had a let down vs. Cam Newton and the Panthers.
12. (14) Dallas Cowboys (8-6): Romo and the Cowboys are back atop the NFC East. Will it stick this time?
13. (8) Denver Broncos (8-6): Can Tebow and the Broncos win games vs. the elite QBs in the NFL?
14. (15) Seattle Seahawks (7-7): Pete Carroll’s squad had Bears fans running for the exits in the 4th quarter in Chicago.
15. (17) Cincinnati Bengals (8-6): Don’t forget the Bengals in the AFC Wild Card race.
16. (18) Arizona Cardinals (7-7): John Skelton is now 5-1 as a starter for the one of the hottest teams in the NFL.
CONTINUE TO PAGE 2 TO SEE THE BOTTOM HALF OF THE LEAGUE…
Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.
AUG 19 Jesse Lawrence
Seahawks, 49ers tickets lead most expensive Rivalry Game premiums on secondary market
AUG 19 Ari Nissim
A look at what the Panthers signal-caller can expect come contract time.
AUG 17 Jesse Lawrence
Ticket market suggests Alabama, Florida State favorites for National Championship.