RSS

Raheem Morris says no decision made on Aqib Talib

Report was Bucs were done with cornerback Brad Biggs

Print This May 04, 2011, 05:14 PM EST

A thin free-agent class of cornerbacks will not necessarily be bolstered by the addition of the talented yet troubled Aqib Talib.

Last month, Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reported Talib would be put through the wood chipper at One Buc Place as soon as the NFL opened for business again. Talib faces serious charges in Texas after he allegedly attempted to pistol whip the boyfriend of his sister and then fired shots at him, according to police.

The Buccaneers haven’t had anything to say on the matter since general manager Mark Dominik said the club was “deeply troubled” by Talib’s latest brush with the law.

Coach Raheem Morris appeared on WHBO-AM in Tampa this afternoon and was asked if Talib is a goner.

“No,” Morris responded, according to JoeBucsFan.com. “We have not talked about that. That has not taken place. We will, but that time has not come yet.”

It would be unusual, in our opinion, if the Bucs have not held discussions involving Talib already. Of course, they may want to wait until the legal process plays itself out. Or they may know what course of action they’re taking. Clearly, the Bucs had to have a plan in place last week when it looked like the lockout might be lifted for good. Maybe it’s just Morris and the Bucs aren’t ready to announce their plans.

Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune

NFP's Introduction to Scouting Class is now registering for the Fall session! Save $200 if you enroll before July 31st. REGISTER NOW!

Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.

NFP Inside Content. All Season.