Darrelle Revis says he doesn't know whether or not he will stage a holdout for the second time in three years, says the New York Daily News.
“I just don't know,” Revis said Monday night. “I'm not saying I am going to hold out. I'm not saying I'm not.”
Revis missed 35 days in 2010 before signing a four-year, $46 million deal, one that came about in part with Coach Rex Ryan saying a deal needed to get done. That action was caught by HBO cameras when the Jets were on the series, “Hard Knocks.”
Revis is due $13.5 million over the next two years, and Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum didn't sound enthusiastic about reworking the cornerback's deal yet again.
“Darrelle is under contract,” Tannenbaum said last week. “Darrelle is obviously a really important part of our team. We look forward to the 2012 season and hopefully accomplishing a lot of great things together.”
Terry McCormick covers the Titans for TitanInsider.com