RSS

Revis ponders possibility of holdout

Cornerback held out of Jets camp two years ago. Terry McCormick

Print This April 24, 2012, 08:35 AM EST

Darrelle Revis says he doesn't know whether or not he will stage a holdout for the second time in three years, says the New York Daily News.

"I just don't know," Revis said Monday night. "I'm not saying I am going to hold out. I'm not saying I'm not."

Revis missed 35 days in 2010 before signing a four-year, $46 million deal, one that came about in part with Coach Rex Ryan saying a deal needed to get done. That action was caught by HBO cameras when the Jets were on the series, "Hard Knocks."

Revis is due $13.5 million over the next two years, and Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum didn't sound enthusiastic about reworking the cornerback's deal yet again.

"Darrelle is under contract," Tannenbaum said last week. "Darrelle is obviously a really important part of our team. We look forward to the 2012 season and hopefully accomplishing a lot of great things together."

Follow me on Twitter @TitanInsider247 and @terrymc13

Terry McCormick covers the Titans for TitanInsider.com

NFP's Introduction to Scouting Class is now registering for the Fall session! Save $200 if you enroll before July 31st. REGISTER NOW!

Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.

NFP Inside Content. All Season.