Quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers wrapped up their drills on Sunday. NFL.com and a number of other websites are reporting the individual results as they become available.
Rather than reporting the raw scores, DRAFTMETRICS has determined where each player’s results fall in the context of all Combine results since 1999. The percentage reported on the enclosed sheets represents where the player’s results rank among all results at his playing position for that drill.
For example, a 90% for Tyler Bray in the 40 yard dash means that his 40 time of 5.05 places him in the top 90% (or near the bottom) of all 40s run by quarterbacks centers from 1999-2012. Geno Smith’s time of 4.59, on the other hand, places him in the top 10% of all 40s run by quarterbacks from 1999-2012.
Scores run from 10% to 100% (with a score of 100% meaning that the player’s score was in the bottom 10% of all recorded scores). A low score is better than a high score, with 10% being the best. All scores were obtained from the NFL.com website. No 40-yard splits are reported on that site so they are excluded from this “quicky” look at the results.
In an earlier article, DRAFTMETRICS reviewed the drills which seem to have the great correlation with future results. The top three drills for the three positions that were highlighted on Sunday, per the
DRAFTMETRICS article, are as follows:
Each player’s results by drill are followed by their average score in the top three drills for each playing position. An average was not calculated if a player did not participate in all three drills. Just as described above, 10% is a perfect score and 100% is the worst score. A separate “scoresheet” for each position follows.
AUG 28 Joel Corry
Between injuries, trades and positional battles, the financial landscape for several key players has shifted dramatically.
AUG 26 Joel Corry
The highly productive Dallas wideout is headed for a big-time payday.
AUG 22 Ari Nissim
Ten players closing in on lucrative new paydays.
AUG 22 Joel Corry
Considered by many as a ‘red flag prospect’ during draft season, the Cincinnati linebacker continues to prove people wrong.