Big travel day today so the Tavern will be short. Here are five things I’m thankful for in the NFL:
1. Watching Chris Johnson of the Titans run with the ball. Here are the running backs who were drafted ahead of him but who aren’t better than him:
1- 4 Darren McFadden, Arkansas, Oakland Raiders
1-13 Jonathan Stewart, Oregon, Carolina Panthers
1- 22 Felix Jones, Arkansas, Dallas Cowboys
1- 23 Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois, Pittsburgh Steelers
1- 24 Chris Johnson, East Carolina, Tennessee Titans
2. Seeing New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees throw the ball to wide receivers who are even covered and making his throws look effortless.
3. Expecting to see a great Patriots-Saints game as the Patriots return to the Superdome for the first time since their first Super Bowl victory.
4. Watching Peyton Manning play football. Every time I watch him play on tape, I learn a little more about the game. Seeing him in person without having to root against him was priceless.
5. All National Football Post fans, who have helped us develop our niche and allowed our voice to be heard in just 15 month in business. All of us at the Post are thankful.
Have a great day. See you Friday morning in the Diner.
Follow me on Twitter: michaelombardi
APR 15 Jerry Angelo
A strategy session for draft day as well as my top-five players in this year’s rookie class.
APR 14 Jeff Fedotin
Oakland has whiffed on its first-round picks.
APR 12 Joel Corry
Jacksonville’s pursuit of center Alex Mack came up just short after a valiant effort.