RSS

Umenyiora was 'off limits'

Giants told teams interested in the DE that he was not on the block. Joe Fortenbaugh

Print This May 05, 2010, 07:38 AM EST

It looks like we can finally put the Osi Umenyiora rumors to rest.

Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reported on NFL Total Access on Tuesday that any teams inquiring about the services of the Giants defensive end during draft weekend were “rebuffed immediately” and told that Umenyiora was “off limits.”

Speculation had been building in recent months that the disgruntled defensive end—who lost his starting job for the season in Week 13—may be on the move. Rumors intensified on draft weekend when the Giants used their first-round pick on South Florida DE Jason Pierre-Paul.

However, the trade never went down.

Now, Big Blue is stocked at the defensive end position, with Umenyiora, Pierre-Paul, Mathias Kiwanuka and Justin Tuck all expected to see playing time.

Offensive tackles in the NFC East should be on high alert when they see the Giants on the schedule this season. Tuck, Umenyiora and Kiwanuka have combined for 69.5 sacks over the past three seasons.

Hit me up on Twitter: @JoeFortenbaugh

NFP's Introduction to Scouting Class is now registering for the summer session! Discounted pricing until April 14th! REGISTER NOW!

NFP Inside Content. All Season.