Let’s go around the league and take a look back at the early kickoffs from the Week 11 schedule. Here are my game notes from what I saw today…
- The Bucs played some good football up at Lambeau today, and Josh Freeman had his best day in a month vs. the Packers. However, go to the fourth quarter when the Packers needed to make some plays. Aaron Rodgers hits Jordy Nelson for a 40-yard TD vs. man coverage and Tramon Williams comes back with his second pick of the game on the next series. That is why they are 10-0. Close out the game in the fourth quarter—even when you don’t play your best.
ICONStafford threw 5 TD passes as the Lions came back from a 24-7 hole in the win over the Panthers.
- Give some credit to Matthew Stafford and this Lions' offense. The Detroit QB threw 2 INTs early that came on questionable throws, but Stafford brings this team back from a 24-7 hole, gets some much needed production from the running game and finishes with 5 TD passes and 335-yards. And when Detroit has a more complete look to their scheme with RB Kevin Smith, they are going to put up points.
- Two plays that stand out from the 4th quarter in the Cowboys’ OT win vs. the ‘Skins. Romo throws a 7-yard TD pass to Laurent Robinson and then hits Jason Witten on a 59-yard score. On both TD passes, Romo found a way to extend the play, break contain and keep his eyes up the field. Doesn’t look conventional, but it sells when we see production.
- 20 carries for Ray Rice—with production. That is the style of game plan the Ravens need to bring to the stadium every Sunday. Not only does it put the ball in the hands of your No.1 weapon on offense (20-104-2 TDs), it also opens up opportunities outside of the numbers. Look at this stat line for rookie WR Torrey Smith: 6-165-1 TD. That's big for the Ravens after the loss in Seattle to get the divisional win over a solid Bengals team.
- A quick note of Cincy QB Andy Dalton. I understand he threw 3 INTs today vs. the Ravens, but he can play. Has the arm, solid feel in the pocket and will continue to develop with the Bengals.
- Let’s throw a bone to one of my former head coaches, Dick Jauron. The Browns’ DC holds the Jags to 10-points and his defense comes up big inside of the 5-yard line of the game’s final two plays to pull out a 14-10 win vs. QB Blaine Gabbert.
- Matt Moore continues to play a high level of football for the Dolphins. The same club that has now won three straight. The QB is making plays in the red zone and threw three more TD passes today as Miami rolls the Bills 35-8. Moore is making a case to be the No.1 in Miami come 2012.
Follow me on Twitter: @MattBowen41
Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.
SEP 19 Jeff Fedotin
Jets hold out hope cornerback can bolster beleaguered secondary.
SEP 17 Jesse Lawrence
Jesse Lawrence of TiqIQ takes a look at the hot tickets this weekend.
SEP 16 Joel Corry
After registering 19 sacks in 2013, the St. Louis pass rusher cashes in big.