Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big Ten shapes up:
1. Michigan State (2-0): If Andrew Maxwell and the offense get stronger and beat Notre Dame, the Spartans would remain the Big Ten's best chance for a BCS title game berth.
US PRESSWIREBraxton Miller has carried the rushing load for the Buckeyes. But can he keep it up?
2. Ohio State (2-0): Braxton Miller is the truth at quarterback, but the Buckeyes need a tailback to emerge as a strong rushing threat.
3. Michigan (1-1): The Wolverines were able to eek out a win over Air Force in Ann Arbor, but the defense is concerning.
4. Nebraska (1-1): The Cornhuskers could not steal a win in the Rose Bowl over an inspired UCLA squad.
5. Wisconsin (1-1): The Badgers have major issues on the offensive line as evidenced by the clunker against Oregon State on the road.
6. Iowa (1-1): Phil Parker has the defense keeping the Hawkeyes in games, but can the offense deliver any type of consistency?
7. Purdue (1-1): The Boilermakers could not beat Notre Dame in South Bend, but this is a dangerous squad.
8. Northwestern (2-0): The Wildcats dropped a good Vanderbilt team to 0-2 with a home win under the lights on Saturday.
9. Illinois (1-1): The Fighting Illini didn't have much of a chance without starting quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase on Saturday night in Tempe.
10. Minnesota (2-0): MarQueis Gray is fun to watch. But can the Gophers win a Big Ten game?
11. Penn State (0-2): Bill O’Brien's squad is 0-2 after a heartbreaking loss to Virginia on the road.
12. Indiana (2-0): The Hoosiers lost quarterback Tre Roberson for the season in their win over UMass.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave
MAR 07 Joel Corry
Front offices and agents of soon-to-be free agents can begin discussions this weekend.
MAR 04 Jerry Angelo
At some point, even the best partnerships in the NFL will begin to dissolve.
MAR 04 Jeff Fedotin
Amidst swirling rumors, Colts would serve as perfect team for embattled tackle.