Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the SEC shapes up:
1. Alabama (2-0): The Crimson Tide coasted to a 35-0 victory over Western Kentucky behind AJ McCarron's four touchdown passes and will open SEC play at Arkansas this week.
2. LSU (2-0): The Tigers dominated both sides of the ball in an easy 41-3 home win over Washington.
3. South Carolina (2-0): Dylan Thompson filled in admirably for an injured Connor Shaw, throwing for 330 yards and three touchdowns in the Gamecocks' 48-10 win over East Carolina.
US PRESSWIREJarvis Jones was beastly in Georgia's win over Mizzou.
4. Georgia (2-0): Jarvis Jones and the Bulldogs recovered from a rough start to score 32 second-half points in a 41-20 victory at Missouri.
5. Arkansas (1-1): Tyler Wilson's injury helped Louisiana-Monroe shock the Razorbacks, putting a damper on a season of high expectations in Fayetteville.
6. Florida (2-0): Mike Gillislee ran for 83 yards and two scores as the Gators shut down Texas A&M's offense in the second half in a 20-17 win.
7. Tennessee (2-0): Justin Hunter caught eight passes for 146 yards as the Vols defeated Georgia State 51-13 in their home opener.
8. Missouri (1-1): The Tigers imploded in the second half of their first-ever SEC contest, falling to Georgia.
9. Mississippi State (2-0): Marcus Green caught two touchdown passes and Mississippi State easily beat Auburn 28-10 at Davis Wade Stadium.
10. Texas A&M (0-1): The Aggies could not find a way to move the ball against Florida in the second half as they fell in their season opener.
11. Ole Miss (2-0): Bo Wallace threw for three touchdown passes and ran for another as the Rebels defeated UTEP 28-10 to move to 2-0 for only the second time in 10 seasons.
12. Auburn (0-2): Sophomore quarterback Kiehl Frazier struggled in a road loss to fellow West division member Mississippi State.
13. Vanderbilt (0-2): The Commodores could not generate much offensively in a road loss to Northwestern.
14. Kentucky (1-1): Maxwell Smith threw for a career-best 354 yards and four touchdowns as the Wildcats beat Kent State 47-14 to win their seventh straight home opener.
Email email@example.com or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave
Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.
NOV 20 Joel Corry
A detailed look at the eight candidates vying for that unique honor.
NOV 18 Dion Caputi
Cleveland quarterback Brian Hoyer has overcome long odds to put his team in contention for a playoff berth.
NOV 13 Joel Corry
10 players who are delivering big returns for their respective franchises.