Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the SEC shapes up:
1. Alabama (3-0): The Crimson Tide dismantled Arkansas 52-0 on the road in an SEC West showdown.
2. LSU (3-0): The Tigers recorded their FBS record 40th straight nonconference regular season victory with a 63-14 win over Idaho.
US PRESSWIREConnor Shaw has been banged-up all season for South Carolina.
3. South Carolina (3-0): The Gamecocks lost quarterback Connor Shaw to another shoulder injury in their 49-6 win over UAB.
4. Georgia (3-0): Aaron Murray passed for a career-best 342 yards and accounted for four touchdowns to lead the Bulldogs to a 56-20 rout of Florida Atlantic.
5. Florida (3-0): Jeff Driskel threw two touchdown passes and Trey Burton ran for a pair of scores as the Gators scored the game's final 24 points to beat Tennessee 37-20.
6. Missouri (2-1): Corbin Berkstresser stepped in for an injured James Franklin as the Tigers forced four turnovers in a 24-20 victory over Arizona State.
7. Mississippi State (3-0): Tyler Russell and Chad Bumphis hooked up on touchdown passes of 72, 58 and 25 yards to lead the Bulldogs to a 30-24 victory over Troy.
8. Texas A&M (1-1): Quarterback Johnny Manziel recorded 418 total yards and six touchdowns as the Aggies beat SMU 48-3 for Kevin Sumlin's first victory at A&M.
9. Tennessee (2-1): Tyler Bray completed just 50 percent of his passes and tossed his first two interceptions of the season in a home loss to Florida.
10. Arkansas (1-2): Even Tyler Wilson's good health couldn't have stopped the slaughter that Alabama delivered to the Hogs this past week.
11. Auburn (1-2): Onterio McCalebb rushed for 128 yards and a 27-yard touchdown on 11 carries as the Tigers held on to beat Louisiana-Monroe 31-28 in overtime.
12. Ole Miss (2-1): Bo Wallace threw three interceptions against the stout Texas defense in the Rebels' 66-31 loss.
13. Vanderbilt (1-2): Zac Stacy rushed for 174 yards and a touchdown on eight carries as the Commodores beat Presbyterian 58-0.
14. Kentucky (1-2): The Wildcats fell to Western Kentucky 32-31 in overtime before the smallest crowd at Commonwealth Stadium since the final home game of the 2006 season.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave
Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.
JUL 30 Erik Oehler
The names are coming in, and in Buffalo, the waiting game begins.
JUL 30 Joel Corry
What will it take to get the Seattle’s top rusher back on the field?
JUL 24 Joel Corry
Offensive tackle Lane Johnson’s mistake will cost him close to $1 million.