Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big 12 shapes up:
1. Kansas State (4-0): Running back John Hubert had 130 yards and a touchdown on the ground as Bill Snyder's Wildcats beat OU 24-19 to avenge a lopsided loss last fall.
US PRESSWIRETavon Austin had three touchdowns in the Mountaineers' victory over Maryland.
2. West Virginia (3-0): Tavon Austin recorded three touchdown receptions as the Mountaineers defeated Maryland 31-21.
3. Texas (3-0): The Longhorns enjoyed a bye this past weekend and will travel to Oklahoma State on Saturday.
4. TCU (3-0): The Horned Frogs stretched their FBS-best winning streak to 11 straight with a 27-7 victory over Virginia.
5. Oklahoma (2-1): The Sooners could not overcome three turnovers as another inconsistent offensive effort doomed Bob Stoops and Co.
6. Baylor (3-0): Nick Florence completed 26 of 39 passes for 351 yards and a career-high four touchdowns to help the Bears beat Louisiana-Monroe 47-42 for the program's ninth straight victory.
7. Oklahoma State (2-1): The Pokes had a bye this past weekend and will host Texas on Saturday.
8. Texas Tech (3-0): The Red Raiders enjoyed a bye this past Saturday and will travel to play Iowa State this weekend.
9. Iowa State (3-0): The Cyclones had a bye this past weekend and will host Texas Tech on Saturday.
10. Kansas (1-3): The Jayhawks lost their 16th straight road contest after blowing a 23-13 fourth-quarter lead at Northern Illinois.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave
Check out our partners at TiqIQ for the best deals on all games on the 2014 NFL schedule.
SEP 17 Jesse Lawrence
Jesse Lawrence of TiqIQ takes a look at the hot tickets this weekend.
SEP 16 Joel Corry
After registering 19 sacks in 2013, the St. Louis pass rusher cashes in big.
SEP 16 Jeff Fedotin
First-place squad could start 5-0.