Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big East shapes up:
1. Louisville (5-0): Senorise Perry rushed for 118 yards and two touchdowns as the Cardinals notched a 21-17 comeback victory over Southern Mississippi.
2. Rutgers (4-0): The Scarlet Knights were off this past week and will host UConn on Saturday.
US PRESSWIREMunchie Legaux and the Bearcats were the latest Big East team to knock off Virginia Tech.
3. Cincinnati (3-0): Munchie Legaux's 39-yard touchdown pass with 13 seconds to play led the Bearcats to an upset victory over Virginia Tech 27-24.
4. Pittsburgh (2-2): The Panthers were off this past weekend and will play at Syracuse on Friday.
5. Connecticut (3-2): Huskies running backs Lyle McCombs and Martin Hyppolite combined for 157 rushing yards and two touchdowns to lead UConn to a 24-17 win over Buffalo.
6. South Florida (2-3): The Bulls have dropped three straight after beginning with wins over Chattanooga and Nevada, as they fell to Florida State 30-17 this past weekend.
7. Syracuse (1-3): The Orange were off this past weekend and will host Pittsburgh on Friday.
8. Temple (1-2): The Owls had the weekend off and will host a reeling South Florida squad this week.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave