by Dave Miller
October 02, 02012
Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big 12 shapes up:
1. Kansas State (4-0): The Wildcats had a bye this past weekend and will host Kansas on Saturday.
2. West Virginia (4-0): The Mountaineers won their Big 12 debut over Baylor 70-63 behind Geno Smith's eight touchdown passes and 656 passing yards.
US PRESSWIREDavid Ash tossed three touchdowns in a 41-36 win over Oklahoma State.
3. Texas (4-0): The Longhorns were led by David Ash's three touchdown passes in a 41-36 win over Oklahoma State.
4. TCU (4-0): Jason Verrett had two interceptions as the Horned Frogs slid past SMU 24-16.
5. Oklahoma (2-1): The Sooners were off this past week and will travel to Texas Tech on Saturday.
6. Texas Tech (4-0): The Red Raiders held Iowa State to just 189 yards of total offense in a 24-13 win.
7. Oklahoma State (2-2): The Pokes fell 41-36 to Texas despite Joseph Randle's career-high 199 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
8. Baylor (3-1): The Bears fell 70-63 to West Virginia in the Big 12's highest-scoring game ever.
9. Iowa State (3-1): Quarterback Steele Jantz had one of the worst nights of his career, throwing three interceptions and having a fumble in a loss to Texas Tech.
10. Kansas (1-3): The Jayhawks were off this past week and will travel to Kansas State on Saturday.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave