by Dave Miller
October 02, 02012
Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads, including the Independents.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the best Independents and non-AQ teams shape up:
1. Notre Dame (4-0): The Fighting Irish were off this past week and will play Miami (FL) at Chicago's Soldier Field on Saturday night.
US PRESSWIREBeau Blankenship rushed 43 times for 269 yards and three touchdowns as Ohio remained unbeaten.
2. Ohio (5-0): Beau Blankenship carried 43 times for 269 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Bobcats to a 37-34 victory over winless Massachusetts.
3. Louisiana Tech (4-0): Colby Cameron accounted for two scores and Louisiana Tech scored 34 straight points to rally from an early deficit and beat Virginia 44-38.
4. Boise State (3-1): Joe Southwick passed for 311 yards and three touchdowns to help Boise State beat New Mexico 32-29.
5. BYU (3-2): The Cougars shutout Hawaii, its first shutout since Nov. 7, 2009, when it beat Wyoming 52-0.
6. Nevada (4-1): Cody Fajardo tossed three touchdowns and ran for another as the Wolf Pack defeated Texas State 34-21.
7. Utah State (4-1): Chuckie Keeton threw for 402 yards and four touchdowns and Kerwynn Williams compiled 260 yards from scrimmage as the Aggies beat UNLV 35-13.
8. UTSA (5-0): The Roadrunners are coming off of a 35-14 win over New Mexico State, and Larry Coker's team will travel to Rice after enjoying a bye this week.
Email email@example.com or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave