Week 4 Big 12 power rankings
Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big 12 shapes up:
1. Oklahoma (2-0): The Sooners had a bye this past weekend and will host Kansas State on Saturday.
US PRESSWIREDana Holgorsen and the Mountaineers are coming off of a win over James Madison.
2. West Virginia (2-0): Geno Smith threw five touchdown passes in the Mountaineers' 42-12 win over James Madison.
3. Kansas State (3-0):
4. TCU (2-0): Casey Pachall threw for 335 yards and two touchdowns as the Horned Frogs overcame four turnovers in a 20-6 victory over Kansas.
5. Texas (3-0): David Ash threw for a career-high 326 yards and four touchdowns as the Longhorns beat Ole Miss on the road.
6. Baylor (2-0): Nick Florence passed for three touchdowns and set up another with a 60-yard run as Baylor needed a second-half rally to beat Sam Houston State 48-23.
7. Oklahoma State (2-1): Backup quarterback J.W. Walsh threw for 347 yards and four touchdowns in relief of injured starter Wes Lunt as the Pokes beat Louisiana-Lafayette 65-24.
8. Texas Tech (3-0): Seth Doege threw for six touchdowns and 340 yards to lead Texas Tech past New Mexico 49-14.
9. Iowa State (3-0): Steele Jantz threw three touchdown passes and James White ran 56 yards for another score as the Cyclones beat Western Illinois 37-3.
10. Kansas (1-2): Quarterback Dayne Crist was intercepted once, fumbled as he was heading into the end zone in the fourth quarter and struggled on third downs as the Jayhawks fell to TCU.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave