Week 4 Big East power rankings
Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big East shapes up:
1. Louisville (3-0): The Cardinals scored on their first six possessions but nearly blew a 36-7 halftime lead before holding on to beat North Carolina.
US PRESSWIREJawan Jamison helped pace Rutgers in its win over South Florida last week.
2. Rutgers (3-0): Jawan Jamison ran for 151 yards and a touchdown as the Scarlet Knights beat South Florida 23-13 last Thursday night.
3. Cincinnati (2-0): George Winn ran for a career-high 147 yards to help the Bearcats overcome six turnovers in a 23-7 victory over Delaware State.
4. Connecticut (2-1): Lyle McCombs and Scott McCummings both ran for touchdowns, and Nick Williams returned a punt for another score as the Huskies defeated former head coach Randy Edsall's Maryland squad 24-21.
5. South Florida (2-1): The Bulls fell to 0-9 in Thursday night TV appearances as they lost to Rutgers 23-13 last week.
6. Syracuse (1-2): Freshman Ashton Broyld scored on a 22-yard run as the Orange beat Stony Brook 28-17 on Saturday.
7. Pittsburgh (1-2): Ray Graham rushed for 94 yards and two scores and added an 18-yard touchdown reception as the Panthers upset Virginia Tech 35-17.
8. Temple (1-1): The Owls were off this past week and will travel to Penn State on Saturday.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave