Week 5 ACC power rankings
Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the ACC shapes up:
1. Florida State (4-0): EJ Manuel passed for a career-high 380 yards while rushing for another 102 in the Seminoles’ statement win over Clemson.
2. Clemson (3-1): The Tigers were outscored 35-3 over a 20-minute span of the second half as they fell to FSU 49-37.
3. Virginia Tech (3-1): The Hokies bounced back from their loss to Pittsburgh by holding Bowling Green to 266 total yards in a 37-0 victory.
US PRESSWIREN.C. State RB Shadrach Thornton had a strong collegiate debut last week.
4. N.C. State (3-1): Freshman Shadrach Thornton, playing in his first college game, ran for 145 yards and two touchdowns in the Wolfpack's 52-14 win over The Citadel. N.C. State was without running backs Mustafa Greene, James Washington and Tony Creecy but still managed to rush for a season-high 284 yards.
5. Miami (3-1): Junior quarterback Stephen Morris passed for 436 yards and rallied the Hurricanes from a 36-19 deficit to a wild 42-36 win at Georgia Tech.
6. Georgia Tech (2-2): Both of the Yellow Jackets' losses have come in overtime against league competition.
7. Wake Forest (3-1): The Demon Deacons bounced back from their thrashing at the hands of FSU to claim a 49-37 win over Army.
8. Maryland (2-2): Randy Edsall's squad played West Virginia tough on the road but fell to the Mountaineers 31-21.
9. North Carolina (2-2): Running back Gio Bernard scored two touchdowns in his return from a knee injury, and the Tar Heels took over the game in the second half to beat East Carolina 27-6.
10. Virginia (2-2): The Cavaliers committed four turnovers in a 27-7 loss at TCU.
11. Boston College (1-2): The Eagles were off this past weekend and will face Clemson on Saturday.
12. Duke (3-1): Sean Renfree threw for 314 yards and four touchdowns to lead the Blue Devils past Memphis 38-14.
Email email@example.com or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave