Week 5 Big East power rankings
Every Tuesday during the season I will release league power rankings, which you can find under the College tab at the top of this page. The six BCS conferences will all have their own power rankings, while I will also rank the best of the non-BCS squads.
With that in mind, let's take a look at how the Big East shapes up:
1. Louisville (4-0): Charlie Strong's Cardinals are 4-0 after defeating Florida International 28-21.
US PRESSWIREGary Nova and the Scarlet Knights are sitting at 4-0 heading into Week 5.
2. Rutgers (4-0): Gary Nova passed for nearly 400 yards and five touchdowns as the Scarlet Knights went on the road and claimed a 35-26 win over Arkansas.
3. Cincinnati (2-0): The Bearcats had a bye this past weekend and will play Virginia Tech this week in Landover, Md.
4. Pittsburgh (2-2): Tino Sunseri passed for 344 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Panthers past Gardner-Webb 55-10.
5. Connecticut (2-2): The Huskies fell to Western Michigan for the second straight season this past Saturday.
6. South Florida (2-2): The Bulls lost their second in a row despite B.J. Daniels' three touchdown passes and 75 rushing yards. They host Florida State on Saturday.
7. Syracuse (1-3): The Orange turned the ball over four times in a 17-10 loss to Minnesota.
8. Temple (1-2): The Owls allowed Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin to throw for a career-high 318 yards and run for two short scores in a 24-13 loss.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter at Miller_Dave