2015 NFL trades: Business as usual?
- Off-season trades that occur before the draft
- Draft day(s) trades where a team moves up in the draft order
- Post-draft, pre-training camp trades where a team tries to fill a need it has not met through the draft or free agency
- Training camp trades where a team may trade a surplus player
- In-season trades that are few in number and are often necessitated by injuryThis article will focus on the pre-draft trades since that is where we are in 2015 process.During the period from 1995 through 2014 the number of pre-draft trades has ranged, by our count, from zero in 2011 to 20 in 2010. The average has been about 10 such trades per year. The following table shows the distribution of the annual number of trades over the study period: