Offense or Defense: What Do You Draft?
- The 49ers selected eight offensive linemen in the first three rounds and six offensive linemen in rounds 4-7.
- This indicates a bias for selecting offensive linemen earlier rather than later as using the 1.5 factor they would be expected to have drafted 12 lineman in rounds 4-7, or double the number drafted.
- On the other hand they selected two corners in rounds 1-3 and nine corners in rounds 4-7.
- This would indicate that they believe they can find corners later in the draft and do not need to draft them early.
- The expectation would be that three corners would have been selected in the later rounds, and not the nine actually selected.