49ers-Ravens Thursday betting primer
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (9-1, 4-0 road) at BALTIMORE RAVENS (7-3, 5-0 home)
Time: 8:20pm ET (NFL Network)
Opening line: Baltimore -3.5/39.5
Current line: Baltimore -3.5/40.5
Current betting trends: 56% of the public is on San Francisco, 54% on the OVER.
San Francisco 49ers: 9-0-1 against the spread, OVER is 5-5
Baltimore Ravens: 5-4-1 against the spread, OVER is 8-2
CLICK HERE for the Thanksgiving Day lines.
1. The 49ers are 8-0-1 against the spread in their last nine games following an ATS win.
2. The 49ers are 12-3-1 against the spread in their last 16 games overall.
3. The UNDER is 4-0 in the 49ers’ last four Thursday games.
4. The Ravens are 3-0-1 against the spread in their last four games against a team with a winning record.
5. The Ravens are 15-5-2 against the spread in their last 22 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
6. The OVER is 4-0 in the Ravens’ last four games overall.
San Francisco 49ers: DOUBTFUL: RB Bruce Miller (concussion), PROBABLE: WR Michael Crabtree (foot), CB Chris Culliver (shoulder), T Anthony Davis (ankle), WR Braylon Edwards (knee), RB Frank Gore (knee)
Baltimore Ravens: OUT: DT Arthur Jones (head), QUESTIONABLE: RB Anthony Allen (thigh), CB Chris Carr (back), LB Dannell Ellerbe (thigh), LB Ray Lewis (foot), PROBABLE: S Haruki Nakamura (thigh)
This is going to be a short write-up because I believe there is one key trend that tells the tale for this game (h/t to our good friend @VegasRunner for shooting this my way last week):
Entering last Thursday’s game between the New York Jets and the Denver Broncos, over the previous 15 seasons, teams that had to travel 1,500+ miles to play a midseason Thursday game on short rest have gone 0-10 against the spread and straight up, losing by an average of 19.7 points per game.
If you recall, the home dog Broncos wound up beating the Jets 17-13 to move this trend to 0-11 straight up and against the line.
Guess what? The 49ers are traveling over 2,700 miles on short rest to play the Ravens on Thursday night.
Best of luck.
Hit me up on Twitter: @JoeFortenbaugh