Adams, Starks still not on Steelers' radar
The Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line won't get an overhaul or, perhaps not even a tune-up, this Sunday against the Houston Texans.
Instead, the battered Steelers will go with the linemen they have available, according to what Steelers coach Mike Tomlin told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Tomlin says the Steelers, who have lost Willie Colon for the season, and have three other linemen hurt and in question this week, won't be bringing back last year's starting right tackle Flozell Adams, nor Max Starks, both of whom were cut in preseason.
Instead, the Steelers will trudge on with the pieces they have, though tackles Marcus Gilbert and guard Doug Legursky are battling shoulder issues and tackle Jonathan Scott suffered an ankle injury against the Colts.
Even though the Steelers won in Indianapolis, the line had its issues trying to control Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney with the beaten and battered line. How it works this weekend against the Texans remains to be seen, but Tomlin remains committed to the players he has.
Terry McCormick covers the Titans for TitanInsider.com