All quiet on Nick Collins' front
All is quiet on the Nick Collins front right now.
The Pro Bowl safety and Green Bay Packers are waiting to see what the future holds for him following neck surgery this past season. Collins has said if there is not a risk for further injury, he will continue playing.
According to Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, Collins’ agent said last week that the player should learn results of his most recent medical exam by Monday at the latest. Whatever the findings were, that remains under lid right now.
Collins met with a doctor in New York last week and has been awaiting word on whether or not he will be able to resume playing. Packers coach Mike McCarthy, speaking last week at the NFL owners meetings, said if Collins was his son, he would not let him continue playing.
This is obviously a sensitive issue and a lot of people need to be consulted. Collins would also have to get clearance from team doctors before he could resume football activities.
Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs
Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune