Brandon Marshall has 'no fear at all' he could be suspended
The Chicago Bears have plenty riding on an investigation into an alleged event involving Brandon Marshall last Sunday outside a New York club.
They just traded two draft picks – the 74th overall selection this year (acquired in the Greg Olsen trade with the Carolina Panthers) and their 2013 third rounder) – for the wide receiver.
Marshall has a ton riding on it. He’s been suspended once previously by the NFL for violation of the personal conduct policy. A second suspension could be longer and a detrimental way to start his tenure with his third club in four years. Moreover, if Marshall is suspended the Bears will be able to void $6 million guaranteed in his base salary of $9.3 million this season.
So, what’s the deal? Does Marshall fear a possible suspension after a 24-year-old woman accused him of punching her in the face and leaving her with a black eye?
“Absolutely not,” Marshall said. “No fear at all. Once it has taken its course I think you'll see things totally different. I understand and I get the perception out there. Those are the seeds that I planted early on in my career up until last year. I've been here before. But this time it's a little different and I'm excited about that difference.”
Marshall’s attorney Harvey Steinberg has said that Marshall and his wife were the true victims.
Right now, 24-year-old Christen Myles is out for justice.
“My eye still hurts,” Myles told the New York Daily News. “I still have problems with my vision. I want him held criminally accountable for what he did to me.”
Follow me on Twitter: @BradBiggs
Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune