Chip Rosenbloom endorses Stan Kroenke in a big way

Chip Rosenbloom, whose family has owned an NFL franchise for 57 years, says it is important for him and his sister Lucia Rodriguez to be involved in the St. Louis Rams. That is why he believes Stan Kroenke is the right man to take over the franchise in a sale that is pending.

Of course Rosenbloom wants Kroenke to buy the team. He’s the man with cash who is poised to pay big bucks for the franchise. The sooner it goes through, the sooner he and his sister collect their loot.

But Rosenbloom, in an extensive interview with Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, seems sincere that he would like to keep the family name alive in NFL circles. The report indicates he and his sister are selling because estate taxes make it nearly impossible for them to continiue as owners. There is a rumor that if Kroenke buys the club that Rosenbloom and Rodriguez will maintain small stakes in the club. Kroenke currently owns 40 percent of the team and is looking to purchase the remaining 60 percent. He first bought in 15 years ago when the franchise made the move from Los Angeles.

"It is an interesting thing when these teams sell, and sometimes the past is totally forgotten," Rosenbloom said. "One of the most important things to me, and I know Lucia, too, is to protect the tradition and legacy of the Rosenbloom family. And that encompasses my mom, of course.

"But that's not something where you can just sign a contract and say, 'This is how it's done.' Either the people that you hand the baton off to are going to do it or they're not going to do it. I feel very comfortable with Stan as a friend (buying over the team)."

There is a chance Kroenke could be approved at the next NFL owners meeting in August. Of course, he will have to satisfy the league’s guidelines for cross-ownership by then.

Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs

Upcoming Games

Sep 20th, 8:15 PM

Detroit +7 -111

Green Bay -7 -111

@

Sep 23rd, 8:20 PM

Carolina -4.5 -110

Houston +4.5 -110

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Indianapolis +3 -115

Tennessee -3 -115

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

LA Chargers +7.5 -107

Kansas City -7.5 -107

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Washington +7 -102

Buffalo -7 -102

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Chicago +8.5 -107

Cleveland -8.5 -107

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Atlanta +2.5 -107

NY Giants -2.5 -107

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Cincinnati +6.5 -107

Pittsburgh -6.5 -107

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Baltimore -7.5 -110

Detroit +7.5 -110

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

New Orleans +3 -110

New England -3 -110

@

Sep 26th, 1:00 PM

Arizona -6 -110

Jacksonville +6 -110

@

Sep 26th, 4:05 PM

Miami +1 -107

Las Vegas -1 -107

@

Sep 26th, 4:05 PM

NY Jets +7.5 -107

Denver -7.5 -107

@

Sep 26th, 4:25 PM

Tampa Bay +2.5 -110

LA Rams -2.5 -110

@

Sep 26th, 4:25 PM

Seattle -2.5 -107

Minnesota +2.5 -107

@

Sep 26th, 8:20 PM

Green Bay +3 -107

San Francisco -3 -107

@

Sep 27th, 8:15 PM

Philadelphia +3.5 -110

Dallas -3.5 -110

@