Dielman will make retirement official

San Diego Chargers guard Kris Dielman is expected to announce his retirement on Thursday, says Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Acee had reported earlier that Dielman was going to retire, but said the news had yet to be confirmed. Now, apparently it is confirmed, and Dielman will walk away from the NFL rather than risk further damage from concussions.

Dielman, the Chargers left guard, suffered a concussion against the New York Jets last season and worse, suffered a seizure on the plane trip back to San Diego.

Acee goes on to say that Dielman's toughness was something to marvel during his time with the Chargers and applauds the lineman's decision to walk away from the game.

Follow me on Twitter @TitanInsider247 and @terrymc13

Terry McCormick covers the Titans for TitanInsider.com

Upcoming Games