Felx Jones issues cease-and-desist demand
An attorney representing Felix Jones has issed a cease-and-desist order against a Little Rock, Ark., man who has allegedly been using the name and image of the Dallas Cowboys’ running back without permission.
Brian Davis has been advertising an appearance by Jones at a two-day youth football camp beginning Friday, one Jones will not be attending, according to Arkansas360.com. Davis also allegedly organized an autograph signing event at a minor league baseball game in Arkansas last month for Jones, one he did not agree to or attend.
“Mr. Davis does not represent me in any formal capacity,” Jones said in the report. “His statements of my participation in these events were made without permission from my management or me.”
Jones has agreed to show up at an Arkansas Travelers’ game next Wednesday to sign free autographs for an hour because he reportedly felt bad about fans being deceived.
“Interacting with fans – especially the kids – is one of the best things about being a professional athlete,” Jones told Arkansas360.com. “One thing I’ve learned is that when you become a public figure, there are some people who don’t necessarily have your best interest at heart. I appreciate the Travelers, the youth football players and the fans understanding this misrepresentation. I’m eager to see everyone, and I can’t wait for July 21.”
Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs
Ready for fantasy football? Click here to purchase the 2010 Total Access Pass/Draft Guide from the NFP