Incognito postpones grievance hearing until after NFL investigation

Indefinitely suspended Miami Dolphins offensive guard Richie Incognito has postponed his grievance hearing until after the NFL has concluded its investigation into the bullying allegations of offensive tackle Jonathan Martin.

Incognito was scheduled to have his hearing Thursday.

"I have agreed to postpone my expedited arbitration hearing until after the investigation by Ted Wells is complete," Incognito said in a statement released by the NFL Players Association. "I will cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation with a goal of resuming my career with the Miami Dolphins at the conclusion of this investigation. I love my teammates and hope we can put this distraction behind us soon."

The Dolphins have also released a statement.

"The Miami Dolphins and Richie Incognito have agreed to postpone his grievance hearing during his ongoing suspension," the Dolphins said. "Richie is cooperating fully with the NFL investigation and will meet with Ted Wells."

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson covers the NFL for National Football Post, his second stint at the Post. He has previously written for Pro Football Talk and FOX Sports-Scout. Entering his 13th year covering the Baltimore Ravens, he's a beat writer for The Baltimore Sun. Wilson has also covered the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans.

Upcoming Games