Mike Patterson's ride goes up in smoke
Our first reaction to the headline was that this was a case of a prank gone wrong. Very wrong.
As it turns out, Mike Patterson was simply the victim of some bad luck or some very good luck considering he wasn’t in his vehicle, a GMC truck, at the time it burst into flames earlier today at the Philadelphia Eagles training complex.
The fire department responded after team security had already extinguished the fire but Patterson’s ride was “ashen and crisp” according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. A fireman said an overheating battery was likely the culprit, not trickster teammates.
No other vehicles were damaged, and the defensive lineman now has an excuse for being late to work. He’ll need to hitch a ride or, you know, use one of his other cars.
Follow me on Twitter: BradBiggs