No charges filed against 49ers' Ray McDonald
The Santa Clara District Attorney’s office announced that it won't file charges against 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald. He was previously arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.
“All domestic violence complaints deserve our concern, sensitivity and careful review,” District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. “After our thorough review of all the facts, we do not have evidence sufficient to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. McDonald committed a crime against Jane Doe."
McDonald was arrested on Aug. 31 following an altercation with his pregnant fiancee.
McDonald has remained active since his arrest.
"The issue of domestic violence is important to us, as it is throughout society," the 49ers said in a statement. "We have taken this allegation seriously, just as we have taken the principles of due process seriously. We have said from the beginning that we will consider the information available, allow the facts to lead to our decisions and respect the judicial process. Based on the information available to us and the District Attorney’s decision not to file charges, there will be no change in Ray’s status with the team."
Follow me on Twitter; @RavensInsider
Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun