Vikes' owner would welcome back Favre next year
OWATONNA, MINN. - Vikings owner and President Mark Wilf said Tuesday the franchise has received the boost it was looking for when it signed Brett Favre and made it clear the quarterback would be welcomed back in 2010 to play the second season of the two-year, $25 million deal he received in August.
This comes as no surprise, given the Vikings are 8-1 and atop the NFC North in large part because of Favre's performance. The 40-year-old Favre has an NFL-leading 107.5 passer rating and has thrown 17 touchdown and only three interceptions. "When we signed Brett, we were hoping he would give us a spark," Wilf said. "He's got that great track record and so far, so good."
Wilf said Favre's contribution has been more than just on the field. "He brings a great football IQ and really a Hall of Fame career behind him," Wilf said. "But also he adds levity to the whole team, and he makes it fun. He loves football. He's passionate about it and from that standpoint, I think it's infectious."