LSU DB Vincent opting out of 2020 season
LSU senior defensive back Kary Vincent Jr. opted out of the 2020 season on Monday and will prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft.
“With thoughtful prayer and lengthy discussions with my family, we feel that it is in my best interest to opt out of my final year at LSU and begin training for the NFL Combine,” he said in a statement posted to Twitter. “I have worked long and hard for the opportunity to play in the NFL. I’m humbled and excited about attacking this next challenge with humility, integrity, and dignity and I will always be Forever LSU.”
Vincent played in 15 games as the starting nickel back during the Tigers’ unbeaten run to the 2019 national championship. He was second on the team with four interceptions and added 47 tackles, two tackles for loss and nine passes defensed.
Vincent also competed on the track at LSU, clocking a wind-aided 10.07 seconds in the 100 meters in 2018.
He is the Tigers’ second returning starter to opt out. Senior defensive end Neil Farrell Jr. made the decision last week due to concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, but he said he plans to return to LSU in 2021.
–Field Level Media