Seahawks RBs Carson, Hyde to miss third straight games
The Seattle Seahawks ruled out running backs Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde for Sunday’s road game against the Los Angeles Rams.
The Seahawks downgraded both players on Saturday after listing them as questionable a day earlier. Carson has a foot injury, and Hyde is dealing with a hamstring injury.
It will be the third straight game that both players sit out.
Carson, 26, has 323 rushing yards and three touchdowns in six games, and also has three more scores as a receiver. Hyde, 30, has rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns in four games.
Seattle elevated Alex Collins from the practice squad to help deal with their absences. Collins also was elevated last week and carried twice for 5 yards during a 44-34 loss to the Buffalo Bills.
The Seahawks had just 57 rushing yards against the Bills with DeeJay Dallas (31) and Travis Homer (16) leading the way. But Dallas (arm/wrist) and Homer (knee) sustained injuries during the contest as well, though both are cleared to play against the Rams.
Seattle also activated defensive tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison from the practice squad and defensive back/special teams ace Neiko Thorpe (hip) off injured reserve. The club also put defensive tackle Bryan Mone (ankle) on injured reserve.
Harrison, 31, is a nine-year veteran who was a Pro Bowl selection for the New York Giants in 2016. He has played for the New York Jets (2012-15), Giants (2016-18) and Detroit Lions (2018-19).
“I am really excited to see him play,” coach Pete Carroll said of Harrison. “He’s been a unique player for a long time. He’s worked really hard to get ready to go.”
Thorpe, 30, has missed six straight games since being injured in Week 2.
“We’re really excited about getting him back,” Carroll said of Thorpe. “He’s been a real centerpiece on special teams, and we’ve really missed him.”
–Field Level Media