Jan 3, 2021; Houston, Texas, USA; Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson (4) warms up before a game against the Tennessee Titans at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports

Houston police open investigation of Deshaun Watson

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, the target of 21 lawsuits alleging inappropriate behavior and sexual misconduct, is now the subject of a police investigation.

Houston police tweeted Friday, “Today, a complainant filed a report with the Houston Police Department concerning Deshaun Watson. As with any allegation, the Houston Police Department is now conducting an investigation and will not comment further during the investigation process.”

Watson’s lawyer, Rusty Hardin, responded in a statement, “We welcome this long overdue development. Now we will learn the identity of at least one accuser. We will fully cooperate with the Houston Police Department.”

NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said in a statement to multiple media outlets, “We are continuing to monitor all developments in the matter which remains under review of the Personal Conduct Policy.”

Watson, 25, has denied the accusations of nearly two dozens masseuses who allege he used massages as pretext to prey on them. In the lawsuits, he is accused of exposing his genitals to the women and forcing one to perform oral sex.

Tony Buzbee, the lawyer for the 21 women who have filed suit against Watson, previously said his clients wouldn’t be taking their cases to the police.

Watson agreed to a four-year, $156 million contract extension last September, and he subsequently produced his third consecutive Pro Bowl season for the Texans. However, he requested a trade in January.

–Field Level Media

Jan 12, 2020; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA; An LSU Tigers helmet on display before the head coaches press conference for the CFP with LSU Tigers head coach Ed Orgeron and Clemson Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney at the Sheraton New Orleans, Grand Ballroom. Mandatory Credit: John David Mercer-USA TODAY Sports

LSU WR Moore alleges he was ‘violated’ by police

LSU freshman wideout Koy Moore took to social media to accuse Baton Rouge, La., police of violating him “numerous times” during an incident over the weekend.

The Baton Rouge Police Department and LSU both are investigating.

Moore posted his account to Twitter on Sunday, saying that police officers approached him with guns drawn on Saturday night, “assuming I had a gun and drugs.”

“I was violated numerous times even as going as far as trying to unzip my pants in search of a weapon that I repeatedly told them I did not have,” Moore said. “If I didn’t tell those incompetent officers that I was a LSU football player there’s is (sic) no telling if I would’ve been here to tell the story!”

LSU coach Ed Orgeron posted a statement Sunday night saying he was “aware of the serious statements” Moore made. Baton Rouge police spokesman Sgt. L’Jean McKneely Jr. said LSU has been in touch about the incident and that the police department is investigating.

Moore, a four-star recruit out of the New Orleans area, has eight catches for 70 yards in five games this season.

–Field Level Media