May 25, 2022; Berea, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson (4) throws a pass during organized team activities at CrossCountry Mortgage Campus. Mandatory Credit: Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports

Deshaun Watson faces 23rd civil lawsuit for sexual misconduct

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is facing a 23rd active civil lawsuit, filed Tuesday by attorney Tony Buzbee on behalf of a plaintiff in Texas.

The plaintiff said that Watson’s legal team made “an effort to intimidate her” by reaching out and saying that Watson’s lawyers would fight the cases. She did not decide to file suit originally, but changed her mind, according to the suit, after two of Watson’s accusers appeared on HBO’s “Real Sports” last week.

“In that piece, plaintiff was struck by the courage of the victims willing to step forward and speak and was extremely displeased by Watson and his legal team’s mistreatment and revictimizations of the plaintiffs,” the lawsuit stated. “But it was Watson himself claiming that even now he has ‘no regrets’ and has done nothing wrong that solidified her resolve. She brings this case seeking minimum compensation, but to obtain a court finding that Watson’s conduct was wrong.”

The plaintiff said she began working as a massage therapist for Watson in the summer of 2020. Watson allegedly exposed himself to the plaintiff during the third and final session, touched her between her legs and “repeatedly requested” to have sex.

Two Texas grand juries declined to indict Watson in March. The Houston Texans traded him to Cleveland that month, and the Browns gave him a record $230 million in guaranteed money on a five-year deal.

“Today we filed suit for the 23rd plaintiff in this litigation,” Buzbee said in a statement. “Other cases may come. The Watson defense team has vilified these women and this cause. Shame on them! We look forward to trying this case in court.”

According to ESPN, the Browns did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the latest suit.

–Field Level Media

Dec 28, 2019; Atlanta, Georgia, USA; Washington Redskins quarterback Derrius Guice before the 2019 Peach Bowl college football playoff semifinal game between the LSU Tigers and the Oklahoma Sooners at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports

NFL suspends free agent RB Derrius Guice 6 games

Former Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice was suspended for the first six games of the NFL season Friday, stemming from his domestic violence arrest last year.

Guice, currently a free agent, was arrested Aug. 7, 2020 on one count of felony strangulation, three counts of assault and battery and one count of destruction of property. Prosecutors later dropped the felony charge, and the other charges were dismissed in June when Guice and his accuser reached a settlement.

A 2018 second-round draft pick by Washington, the team released him hours after his arrest.

Two women have also accused Guice of sexual assault while he was a student at LSU, among other allegations of sexual misconduct.

Following an investigation, LSU announced in April it was wiping out Guice’s records from the football program and was banning him from future involvement with the school.

Guice only appeared in five games for Washington due to multiple injuries, including an ACL tear suffered during a preseason game that wiped out his rookie year.

–Field Level Media